TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

Missed a payment last December. But have paid a payment each

Customer Question

Missed a payment last December. But have paid a payment each month since. Noe attempting to foreclose How to stop foreclosure?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Got a letter Friday evening that if a payment was not made by 11/27 that they would start foreclosure attempted to pay online and it would not allow payment by phone nor online. And was on hold 4 hours and did not get a rep to talk to me
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Not. To my knowledge
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to help if I can. Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct any necessary research, and type a response. Thank you.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello again.

Ordinarily, the easiest way to stop a foreclosure in your situation is to resinstate (i.e., pay the arrears). If the lender will not accept payment by phone or online, then you can mail it and request a tracking number so that you can prove that it was delivered. If that doesn't work for some reason, then in a worst case scenario you can file for bankruptcy. A bankruptcy will stop any foreclosure, and if you file for a Chapter 13 bankruptcy, then you will have between 3 and 5 years to pay the arrears to the lender. It's kind of like a forced payment plan that the lender has no choice but to accept.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, and you haven't yet rated me, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue.