How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ScottyMacESQ Your Own Question
ScottyMacESQ, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 17050
Experience:  Licensed General Practice Attorney, Texas
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
ScottyMacESQ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Am I able, with my mother, to go to my town with a

Customer Question

Am I able, with my mother, to go to my town hall with a downloaded quitclaim document and copy of deed to her property and identification and execute a property transaction? Do we need anything else? What is a conveyance tax form is it required as well? Also, I need help changing that experience rating if it matters. Sorry, an error ocured.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  ScottyMacESQ replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Yes, you should be able to do this, although if I were you I would contact your specific county clerk (ask for the real property records office) and ask if there are any specific forms needed for your county. It's possible that you might need another form in your specific county. As far as the conveyance tax is concerned, you're exempt from the state tax (if the conveyance is from parent to child). There could be a municipal tax that is required, and you should ask the clerk about this when you call.

Expert:  ScottyMacESQ replied 10 months ago.

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

Expert:  ScottyMacESQ replied 10 months ago.

I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars, but note that the rating is what closes out this question, so it is necessary that you do so.

If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service positively. It's only after you rate that I am credited.