Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Is the Texas Asbestos Health Protection Act applicable to a

Customer Question
construction project on a texas...
Is the Texas Asbestos Health Protection Act applicable to a construction project on a texas military installation? The "Texas Administrative Code Title 25, Part I, Ch. 295, Subchapter C" indicates penalties for violations to this act. Would a contractor be subject to these penalties if the work was performed on exclusive federal land for an Army Installation?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/23/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Texas has no enforcement authority on military installations or federal property, the Federal EPA would have enforcement authority and the federal laws will apply to the work performed on that property.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you. Can you point me in the right direction to find the applicable federal laws regarding asbestos abatement on a construction project?
Thank you for your reply.

Here are the federal Asbestos regulations, or the bulk of them, you have to check with the EPA if you have specific issues with the asbestos abatements: https://www.epa.gov/asbestos/code-federal-regulations-chapter-40-part-763-asbestos
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer