Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I was recently issued an excessive fine for an unleashed dog

Customer Question
Hi, JA: Hello. How can we...
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: I was recently issued an excessive fine for an unleashed dog (first offense) within my development and was looking to fight it in small claims court
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And can you tell me what's been officially filed?
Customer: It is in Connecticut
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Nothing has been filed yet. I have just been issued a fine by the Property Management company as a result of a board hearing.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: In the amount of $250
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/22/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
RealEstateAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Was this issue by the Association / Management on their own, whereby they demand you pay it or something issues by law enforcement? When you say you want to fight this in small claims court, do you mean sue them? Did you get a chance to present an argument and contest this with the Board?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It was by the Association/Management on their own. They demand that I pay $250 fine for an unleashed dog (first offense). The By-laws state "reasonable" amount for fines, and I do not think this is reasonable. Yes I would like to sue them. I have all the req
Tina, Lawyer