How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2185
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We signed a lease without the homeowner disclosing the fact

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: We signed a lease without the homeowner disclosing the fact that the house has 4 timessage the legal limit of arsenic allowable and the homeowner won't fix it. Are we still bound by the lease if the condition of the home turned out to be different than disclosed?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Oregon
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: We signed a lease and emailed it back, but the homeoenergy hasn't provided us an complete agreement with their signatures
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The homeowner is saying they can't fix it and is trying to hold us to the agreement dispute the fact they told us the water was fine when after we as renters tested it, found out its not
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 11 months ago.

No, a contract induced by fraud or inhabitable does give right to terminate the lease agreement.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do they have the right to keep any money of ours such as the 1st MO rent and deposit we paid? We have not moved into the home yet either.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 11 months ago.

No, but I suspect they will not give it up without a fight so you may end up having to file a claim in small claims court to recover that money.