Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I purchased a townhome in Ellicott City on December 31, 2014

Customer Question

I purchased a townhome in Ellicott City on December 31, 2014 but did not move in until July of 2015. The previous homeowner was aware that water came into the basement during heavy rains but failed to disclose this issue. I have gotten several estimates to fix this foundation issue and they range from $6500 to $14K. The home inspector bears no responsibility nor does my home insurance or my home warranty company.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Maryland Howard County
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: I don't know where to file my complaint
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The home inspector says he can't predict what will go wrong with my home since it is my fault that I didn't move in right away. When I moved in there was no hot water, dishwasher did not work, kitchen faucet needed to be replaced and garbage disposal needed to be replaced. I've replaced hot water heater, dishwasher, disposal and faucet. No one I spoke to takes any responsibility
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** *****

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

When did you close on the house?

When did the water damage occur?