Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

We have a utility easement, which contains electrical,

Customer Question
water, and sanitary sewer and...
We have a utility easement, which contains electrical, water, and sanitary sewer and gas
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: we are in Houston, Texas 77018, the issue is that the new onwer on the South side of the property has build a fence where the old fence used to be we bought our house in 1969 and the fence was already there, however we didn't know that the fence was encroaching on his land until he came to visit and told us that he was going to give us permission to use the land til we sold or die, we feel that the property which has been maintained and landscape thru all these years should be ours
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: There was a new survey done showing the encroachment
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no not really, thank you for asking
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/21/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Did you agree to accept his offer of permission to continue to use the property?

.

How long ago did he offer permission to use the land?

.

.

thanks

Tina, Lawyer