How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41043
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just typed a question and then paid with my credit card

Customer Question

I just typed a question and then paid with my credit card and was disconnected
JA: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: California a 5day notice to be eveicted was mailed to me 3 days ago saying I had been served. But I have been out of the statwe More than 10 days
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Yes and mailed to me my daughter went to check on the house and found it had been mailed. But I was never served
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I own the house and am a victim of a title scam. I already sent the money
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

They will still have to file an eviction suit here.You are able to respond and to file your own suit to quiet title if you want to seek to contest the legal title.The court has power to grant you clear title in a suit to quiet title.You may w ant to consider a local lawyer to contest eviction suit and file suit to quiet title.The lawyer can probably stop the eviction while the suit to quiet title is pending here in California.But a lawyer here is really critical if you want to turn this around.The lawyer may also be able to claim lack of proper service on the notice as well.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again and the best here.

Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

If you have too you can file your own answer to the eviction suit once you are served.You need to do that quickly.

Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

Lawyer for you here to sue for quiet title.

call the State Bar of California at
(866)(###) ###-####/a>

Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

If you can positive rate 5 stars when we are done it is much appreciated.

Related Real Estate Law Questions