How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Damien Bosco Your Own Question
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2563
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Damien Bosco is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can i stop a sherriffs order to vacate? los angeles ca. by

Customer Question

can i stop a sherriffs order to vacate?
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: los angeles ca.
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: by them, unfortunateley not by me. i didnt understand the situation. ithought i just had to pay my late ---
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i would like to delay the putting out process or reach some kind of truce with landlord
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 8 months ago.

Have you already had a summons and complaint served upon you? And did you answer it? Did you have a hearing? What is the exact notice you received?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
they have and I didn't respond- I thought paying my late rent would solve. I got a sheriff notice to vacate by the 21st on last tuesdat
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 8 months ago.

It is hard at this point to do something. Possibly you can attempt to go to court to get the court to stop the eviction if you are paid up on the rent. There is something called a motion to vacate a default judgment and request a restraining order. We can discuss more if you want.

Related Real Estate Law Questions