How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 34464
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can a USA homeowner make a quitclaim deed to his mother

Customer Question

how can a USA homeowner make a quitclaim deed to his mother while living out of the USA?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: The property is in Norristown PA
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: none yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the purpose is to refinance the home mortgage
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

The only difficulty in executing a quitclaim deed out of the USA is the requirement of a notary. That can be accomplished at the nearest US embassy or consulate. They will provide a notary for the deed.

Then it just needs to be recorded with the recorder of deeds for the county where the property is located.

Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?