How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 118086
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been lockedout of my home for two years, the home is

Customer Question

i have been lockedout of my home for two years
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: the home is in washington state
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: the home is being sold as we speak
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the mortgae company has no record of any calls made prior to sept 2015
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your question for us about this?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
what are my rights as the home owner having been denied access to my home threatened by the mortgage company
there was no time to respond to the sale of the home my personall belongings are still in the home .... that was broken into last week
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
what is it im getting prompts on the phone
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.
If they gave you notice of foreclosure and have foreclosed on the home, then this is pretty late to be trying to object if they are selling it, but the only recourse you have is filing an objection to foreclosure in the courts. In order to object to foreclosure, you have to prove in court that the foreclosure is improper for some reason and that they have no right to foreclose.
If you do not have any basis to object to the foreclosure, then this can be a problem, since they do have a right to seize the home for foreclosure.
At this point if they are selling it as you speak, you need a local attorney to seek to file a stay of foreclosure and seek to stop the process for some legal basis.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.