How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 116708
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am ready to payoff my house but I have this Partial Claim

Customer Question

I am ready to payoff my house but I have this Partial Claim from HUD/FHA. My mortgager had a very difficult time finding the paperwork on the Partial Claim and were absolutely clueless on how all this would play out other than the Partial Claim becomes due after HUD receives notice. No lien is filed against the house and no one is able to answer my question of how to pay this Partial Claim. I cannot afford to pay it all at once but would like to simply make payments to HUD/FHA directly since no one seems to know anything about this Partial Claim. In the 20 Nov 2003 document from HUD that I found posted on the internet under repayment terms, "No monthly or periodic payments are required , however, mortgagors may voluntarily submit partial payments;" The document goes on to to say "Voluntary payments or prepayments should be delivered via a cashier's check ......." So I can make payments? What does this mean and is this 2003 Mortgagee Letter 2003-19 still current??
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
NOVAD is the company that still deals with HUD payoffs, so you are going to have to get a supervisor at NOVAD and make a full payoff arrangement with them. That is the only way to get rid of the partial claim.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you - so confusing but now I understand why refinancing is pushed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.
It is confusing, but to get rid of the partial claim, you just need to get HUD paid off completely and it will be removed. The sooner you can pay them off the better.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.