How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have Section 8 tenants who give me all kinds of problems:

Customer Question

Hello, I have Section 8 tenants who give me all kinds of problems: they don't pay their rent share, refuse to pay late fee, cause nuisance in the neighborhood, have 2 extra men in their household, etc. How to I terminate them early?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: California
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They are on 1 year lease with me since 7/21/2016. But I want to terminate that lease early.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney whowill try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone whocan. There may be a slight delay in myresponses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.


Are they currently behind on the rent or late fees? (you can apply any payments first to late fees and then to rent?


Have you given them a 3 day notice to pay rent or vacate?


Does your lease limit the number of occupants to the dwelling?