How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WiseOwl58 Your Own Question
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3686
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
WiseOwl58 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to firm a real-estate development company and

Customer Question

I would like to firm a real-estate development company and bring foreign investment. how much Tax do I have to on the investment and what is legal procedure of bringing investment in the US>?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 9 months ago.

There is no tax on the investment. You should form a corporation to hold the ownership of the real estate and then you sell shares in the corporation to the overseas investor. You have no tax implication on the sale and only pay tax on your personal profit, i.e., either a sales commission or a percentage of your investors' profit.

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.