How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 116755
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We me and my husband sold a mobile home to someone on

Customer Question

we me and my husband sold a mobile home to someone on payments legal papers were drawn. the house is on a trailer lot and the people we sold the house to are behind on there rent. i got a call from the rental property manager that if the people do not pay the rent for .they will evict them and take over the house.thepeople still owe us some money.what can we do not to loose the house.
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: this is my e-mail***@******.***
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: texas
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need to immediately file suit against the buyer for breach of contract for failure to complete paying you and failure to pay the rent. As part of your suit you would ask the court to award you the mobile home back with them losing the money they paid already which would then allow you to resell the home to someone else and make sure the rent is covered as well to protect you.
So at this point I would move immediately with a local attorney to sue the buyer for breach of contract and seek to foreclose and retake possession of the mobile home for their non payment of rent and non-payment of the purchase price as well.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Related Real Estate Law Questions