How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question regarding termination of a lease and

Customer Question

I have a question regarding termination of a lease and itemizing unsatisfied repairs to reduce the total amount owed to the property
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: NJ
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Not yet. I terminated my lease due to military termination and I owe them over $2200 in fees for early termination
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The fees are in my lease, but I want to reduce the fees by counteracting their fees with my own (i.e. my oven went inoperable for 34 days while I was there)
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 11 months ago.

I understand your facts, is there a specific question with which I could assist?