How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 19639
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My house was foreclosed in Ga. The bank was USA Bank. I had

Customer Question

My house was foreclosed in Ga. The bank was USA Bank. I had an attorney and I had a lW suite. My attorney did not appear in court we lost the case. I have a job and back on my feet. I want to purchase my home from the bank. I pd 20 months to the registers of court . I was never late . I pd $1,500 per math. They know I can and will pay.
How or can I re-purchase my home.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Unfortunately, once the foreclosure has occurred, there is no right of redemption--to purchase the property back in the Sate of Georgia. See Official Code of Georgia Sections 44-14-160 to 44-14-191. However, if the lender purchased the property at the foreclosure and the property is still with the lender, you can contact the firm that handled the foreclosure for the lender about what you need to pay to get the property back. This would usually be the purchase price plus the costs of the foreclosure sale.

Goodluck with your case.