Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
68302747

IF 3PERSONS ARE ON A DEED.THE 2ARE NOT PAYING ANY ON THE

Customer Question

IF 3PERSONS ARE ON A DEED.THE 2ARE NOT PAYING ANY ON THE TAXES OR UPKEEP. IS THERE ANY WAY TO REMOVE THEM IF THEY REFUSE TO SIGN SELLING AGREEMENT. i put their names on it in a quict claim deed they didnot pay for anything,,,
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: detroit michigan
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: yes the quit claim deed when I PUT THEIR NAMES ON IT.ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i AM TRYING TO SELL THE PROPERTY.. THE NAME ON THE PROPERTY ARE MY ADULT GRAND KIDS...
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

The only way to get them to sell it if they are not agreeing to do so is to seek judicial intervention. In other words you have to file a petition or a complaint in court to have the court order the sell of the property. A partition and sale in Michigan real estate law provides that any party that co-owns a piece of property with one or more other party has a right to divide, or partition, the property when they no longer wish to own it. A partition can either be voluntary or court-ordered, depending on whether or not the parties get along well enough to negotiate their own partition with the aid of their attorneys. Since most properties cannot be partitioned, the court orders the sale of it. We can discuss more if you want to do so.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm very satisfied. I would rate him a 10.

Thank you!