Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

How do you create an easement between parcels of land?

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/13/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

You need surveyor to give you the easement description--a survey is needed.Then the local title company would draft the easement document with easement description then i ti signed by the property owner.It is similar here to a deed for a certain piece of property but only limited to use say as a road access for a landlocked piece of property.

But you can start with title company in town they can help you with a surveyor if needed.Often a surveyor can use existing property description and plat map to give them the description for the easement.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am not sure you understood my question. The question was how to dispose of the property by donation.

Are you wanting to deed it to the city or someone, tell me more?

Ray, Lawyer