How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 19651
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have or had a loan on a property. I was behind for 2

Customer Question

i have or had a loan on a property. I was behind for 2 months, took the 2 payments in yesterday, but was checking the assessor records and see the property is no longer in my llc name. I did not receive a foreclosure notice. can i sue the lender and quiet the title?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: I am in Tennessee. I checked the daily news and saw a notice had been filed on 9/27/16.
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: filed with who? dont quite understand.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you? What confuses you?
Customer: You said has any paperwork been filed and I want to know with who.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

If you did not receive a notice of the foreclosure, you can sue for wrongful foreclosure to get the property back.