How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask J. Warren Your Own Question
J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2241
Experience:  Experience in residential real estate and commercial leases.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
J. Warren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I leave in NJ but my mother leaves in Palm bay FL, she was

Customer Question

hi , i leave in NJ but my mother leaves in Palm bay FL , she was selling a property , i have power of attorney , the realtor knows that i do yesturday my mother close on the house with out my knowledge . so can i do anything about it ?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: florida
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: i think so she said they cut her a check
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just what are my options if any
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry you are dealing with this situation. Unfortunately, a person who has granted another person power of attorney may still act in their individual capacity without the permission or knowledge of the person who holds power of attorney. The principal's decision governs over the person holding the power. If the situation is such that the principal is mentally incapable of making such a decision and the agent was aware of this, then a transaction could be unwound but would require filing a lawsuit and retaining local counsel in the area in which the transaction occurred.

All my best and encouragement. Thank you for allowing me to help you with your questions. I realize this was not the answer you were hoping to receive however I have done my best to provide information which truthfully addresses your question. Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.

Related Real Estate Law Questions