How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 118779
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have 3 weeks left to file motion to APPELATE COURT WHAT

Customer Question

i have 3 weeks left to file motion to APPELATE COURT WHAT DOCUMENTS I NEED >? AND on the small claim court , i have fee waiver void i need a copy of it so i dont have to pay anything ?
JA: Is this a civil court case or criminal court?
Customer: civil case for now
JA: Because laws vary based on location, where is the property located?
Customer: rental property business , streator, il , court is in LA SALLE COUNTY, OTTAWA IL 23 TH JUDIC COURT
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: YES, we filed complaint to local police for FRAUD AND THEFT BY DECEPTION , and FRAUDULENT , DECEPTIVE BUSINESS PRACTICE DO I NEED TO CONTACT IN PERSON AND SENT A COMPLAINT SEPARATE TO ***** IN OTTAWA , IL, SO THEY HAVE A CLEAR PICTURE OF THOSE charges and prove both respondents at trial ALLEGEDLY COMMIT PERJURY??? THEY LYED SEVERAL TIMES and i have evidence and police statement to show contrary of what they said in court
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Filing the complaint with the police has nothing to do with your appeal. For your appeal you need copies of all of the documents proving your case and you need to explain in your appeal exactly what those documents are and how they prove you are right. You need to also ask on the appeal from small claims that the court find the business guilty of committing unfair and deceptive business practices, because that would also entitle you to collect triple damages AND attorney's fees if you use an attorney.
It is strongly suggested you use a local consumer attorney or go to legal aid for an attorney, because if you prove this was an unfair and deceptive business practice, then the court will make them pay those attorney's fees in addition to triple your damages.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.