Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I was behind on my HOA and tried to catch up by sending 600.

Customer Question

i was behind on my HOA and tried to catch up by sending 600. and the agent sent it back with a letter stating he would not accept partial payment and also included a ledger with the incorrect amount owed, I then asked for correct amount after a week of run around and speaking with the law firm then he sends the correct amout and THAT day files a lien and imposes another 400. on top of what I owed. I have scraped together the money and sent it but don't feel that 400 and lien was fair
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?
Customer: TEXAS
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: they did
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

It does not seem fair. Are you all paid up now? How was the extra $400 calculated; on what basis?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I just sent cashiers check for the total amount plus a bill pay for this months due

So are you now all paid up and the only issue is the $400 and the lien? Did you talk to them about it?

Hello. I have not heard back you. Are you still looking for help on your question? If so, please let me know. Thank you.