WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

I received a citation from the City of Oklahoma City Code

Customer Question

I received a citation from the City of Oklahoma City Code Enforcement for having a trailer stored in my back yard but not on a hard surface. I would like to obtain all the information the City prosecutor has and I need help writing the request.
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the mobile home?
Customer: My wife also received a citation but it is a different case number. Each case has its own fine (same amount on each case). I would like to combine the cases into one case and thereby reduce the court costs and fine-I hope.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I am in Oklahoma City, OK and the citation was for a boat trailer. The environmental arraignment date is 30 Dec 2016 in Municipal Criminal Court of Record.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 11 months ago.

Under Oklahoma law, the prosecutor is required to provide you with a copy of all of the evidence that they plan to introduce in trial to use against you. The theory is so that you will know it in advance, not be surprised by any evidence, and have a chance to either exclude the evidence, if it was improperly obtained, or to refute it with other evidence of your own.

You should make the request from the prosecutor. If you don't have a lawyer, you might consider getting one, or if you do not have the money for a lawyer, since this is a criminal matter, you are entitled to have the court appoint an attorney for you. The time to request the lawyer from the court is at the arraignment date. You can appear by yourself, and ask the court to appoint the public defender to represent you, and it will not cost you anything. That is my advice to you.

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.