Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

My husband and I were pressured to buy a timeshare in las

Customer Question
vegas. we thought we would...
my husband and I were pressured to buy a timeshare in las vegas. we thought we would be able to pay for it and we did for the first few years. the first time we took a vacation we had to attaend an owner presentation where they told us the contract we had was changed and we had to sign a new agreement. we didn't want to but they would not let us leave until we did. our financial situation changed and we could no longer afford the timeshare.we asked t o give the timeshare back to them but they refused. now we have received a notice of foreclosure. what is the impact of this to us? is there anything we can do?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: the timeshare is in the state of Nevada. it seems paperwork has been filed notice of default and election to sell under deed of trust
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: I received a notice of default and election to sell under deed of trust
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: what does this mean to us
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/6/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
RealEstateAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. What resort is this with? Also, have you recently contacted them and spoke with them about this? I know you shared that you ask them to take it back in the past, so I am curious how long ago this was and if it was prior to the default

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Eldorado Resorts. No we have not contacted them. We were in default and agreed to pay what was owed so they could take it back. We made the payment but they said they couldn't take it back.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This was a few years ago

Thank you for the reply and lease allow me a moment

At this time, if the timeshare subject to being foreclosed on, you can speak with the loss mitigation department for the resort and see if they would agreed to accept a deed in lieu of foreclosure. This way, they do not have to go through the actual foreclosure process and can save the money, time and effort and get the property back, with the same result. In addition, if you reside in Canada and this is in the States, they may not want to deal with having to serve you and find you, since you reside out of the country.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Tina, Lawyer