How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42217
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife and I lived on a 300 acre farm she own previous of

Customer Question

My wife and I lived on a 300 acre farm she own previous of marriage. However for 10 years she depended on me to make her payment. I was the reason we built equity in 10 years. Anyways 13 months ago she abandons me and her dogs. Said she don't want it. I made her payment, I've been paying all bills ever since too. So do I have a case to fight for ownership of her farm which she is totally clueless on fsrming. I want to preserve all of it for the kids to have. I don't want her or her new man to borrow against or work the ground. That was going to be me and my boys
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 10 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  Ray replied 10 months ago.

You would need a local lawyer to file for divorce.You would seek to get the property in the property settlement either from the ex here or the judge. At the least you would be due reimbursement here for all the payments if not title.It is very possible your lawyer can resolve this and get you title in property settlement.

You are die either funds or the property here.I appreciate the chance to help you today and am sorry that you are going through this.

Thanks again.