How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41521
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How to remove my cousin from my property title he refused to

Customer Question

how to remove my cousin from my property title he refused to give his SS
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Livonia michigan
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need to be approval for my reverse mortgage
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

If he is on the deed here you need him to quit claim his interest back to you.If he is a legally on the title he has to sign such a quit claim to give up his interest.You can also file a suit to quiet title here in court in Livonia to try to have court award you the clear title and remove him.The suit to quiet title is the only legal remedy if he will not sign a quit claim deed.


I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please if you have more follow up let me know .Thanks again.

Related Real Estate Law Questions