How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 117371
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How does this work. how much does it cost to get an anwser.

Customer Question

how does this work. how much does it cost to get an anwser.
JA: Where is the property located? I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: ok well i had a hose bult by a construction company. when we moved into the house we didnt know that we had to pay a per deim. while the house was being built , the contractor forgot to submit the paper work for the land to be clear. so that added an additional 45 days for the house to be close. now the loan company that I went through aslo took atleast 2 addidtion months which i would take full responsibility. but they should I think take care of his mistakes 45 days worth of per diem. He also added a 1percent interest per day on this bill. I want to know our rights. he has threaten to put a lein on the hose if we didnt make a payment by November 1. We did make 1. but not sure if he will still put a lien on the house.
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: not sure
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not at this time. thats all
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the contractor was negligent in filing the proper documents to clear the deed and that was the sole reason for the delay which caused you to incur additional expenses, then legally you have grounds to hold him liable for those expenses. If he is refusing to pay for the mistakes he made, then you have grounds to file suit against him for the additional costs his failure to file caused you to incur. Of course, you would want to present him with a demand letter first and make an offer to resolve this with him without going to court, but if he refuses, then your only real option other than paying is suing in court for the money he caused you to have to spend from the delay.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.