Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Is my property management "harassing" us? About every week I

Customer Question

Is my property management "harassing" us? About every week I receive a notice for one thing or another. While I understand receiving a note to pull weeds is not harassment, having lived in the house 7 months I have already had the office send someone to walk through the home 2x to inspect it. Ok still not harassment, but following the last walk through I received a ten day notice to replace window screens -the situation was rectified and an agreement made that I would remove screens and replace prior to the end of our lease. Less than a week later I received a notice that they did a drive by inspection and now they want me to replace window blinds. I advised property management of broken blinds upon move in inspection and several months ago the property owners did a walk through and told me they understood the blinds were old fragile and breaking but it to worry about it. They would be replacing all of the window blinds after my lease.
If this isn't harassment is it some sort of witch hunt? I feel like the property managers are constantly looking for a reason to terminate my lease.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Marc replied 9 months ago.

Hi Alicia,

My name is Marc. I'm a licensed attorney and I will be happy to assist you with this issue. I don't blame you for feeling harassed. Taking your narrative at face value, it seems that management is making demands that are way beyond the scope of your obligations under the lease. In order to provide you with a more detailed analysis, though, I would have to take a look at your lease.

If you can, please scan your lease and attach it here with your reply. Alternatively, you could copy/paste the pertinent text in your reply.

This is not an answer, so don't rate me yet. It's just a request for more info so I can give you a complete answer.

Thanks,

Marc