N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Since 1983
9653905

I want to write a letter to complain about the other real

Customer Question

Hi, I want to write a letter to complain about the other real estate agent that didn't present my offer to the bank in short sale situation and double end the listing? Can you help?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California Richmond
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Not yet, I am in the process of filing with CCAR for arbitration and need to write the letter of explanation.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: How much they charge?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: OK
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 8 months ago.

Good morning. And thanks for using just answer. I will be happy to provide you with information, but I will need more details about what you claim the Realtor did wrong, and what you feel you are entitled to as a result. Also, what formal complaint proceedings have you started.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have the forms to fill out. I want to get my commission.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have a ratified contract that never presented to the bank.

I cannot help you fill out the necessary forms, so I will opt out and open this up for someone else.

Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

Your Exhibit 1 to the complaint can just briefly state the facts as you did here with a little more detail (name of buyer and seller, fact that you were retained by named buyer(s) and presented a described offer to the other agent on a certain date, and the other agent took your offer and presented it as if you did not exist or have an agreement with the buyer(s), and thereby cut you out of your half of the commission.

If there was no signed dual agency agreement, I predict you will win the arbitration.

I hope this information is helpful.

You might want to have a local attorney review your complaint before you send it in.

You can get a free consultation from some of the local real estate attorneys listed here.

The Experts here are not allowed to draft documents for you.