Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I am co-executor of a trust. We are getting ready for the

Customer Question

I am co-executor of a trust. We are getting ready for the distribution. Is it customary to withhold some money in case we have an unexpected bill or two after distribution? If this is a good idea, how long do you keep that $4 or $5000 (?) sitting there before you actually close down the entire trust? Is there a charge for this counsel? Thanks!
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in? You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the real estate lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: This could cost me several hundred dollars if I pay for a lawyer's opinion, so I better not do this. THank you anyway. :)
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes...what will be the final cost if I do this?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the real estate lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: Thanks anyway. Believe me, what you are saying is fair.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  legalgems replied 9 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

What state is this in regards to?