How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother has power attorney of .y mother he took 100,000

Customer Question

My brother has power attorney of .y mother he took 100,000 can he be sent to jail?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 9 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 9 months ago.

Yes, it is possible if he breached the duty of care that he owed your mother and abused his POA, stealing/embezzling money which he had custody of control of, for his own benefit. You can 1) go to the police and inform them of this and file a report and see if they will arrest and charge him for crimes against the elderly. In addition, you can 2) seek to have the POA revoked and he will have to repay the money he took.