Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

We live in Melbourne FL. A neighbor wishes to have large

Customer Question
I'm Donna Panzek and we...
I'm Donna Panzek and we live in Melbourne FL. A neighbor wishes to have large tree limbs cut + removed but there's no way for workers to access her property without bringing in equipment and removing limbs thru our property. The tree removal business has insurance and workman's comp. If we give the company permission to use our property would we be financially liable for injuries to workers?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Melbourne, Florida.
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: We have no knowledge of paperwork being filed yet. The owner spoke with me of her intentions this morning. She says she can email me copies of tree company's insurance.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I know of.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
10/31/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

No, the contractor and the homeowner should be responsible but it would be good to put it in writing since you are granting them access that you are not liable for any damages they may sustain.

Let me know if you have any additional questions otherwise a positive rating of 5 stars would be greatly appreciated.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer