How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 9338
Experience:  Since 1983
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a township road in South Dakota is abandoned for 30

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: If a township road in South Dakota is abandoned for 30 years, does the right of way revert to the property owner?
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Not
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not as of yet
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 8 months ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you. That depends on how the right of way was worded. Do you have a copy of the agreement with the township? Did the township purchase this from the original owner? Has the owner been suing the road?

Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 8 months ago.

Can you answer my questions?

Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 8 months ago.

New Expert here.

Thank you for your question.

In general, the answer is Yes, see

I hope this information is helpful.