Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

Is there any type of law that says the owner of a house must

Customer Question

Is there any type of law that says the owner of a house must have a furnance in their house in a residential neighborhood ? He is killing us with the smoke. Our house is saturated with the horrible smell and he runs even whenhe's gone. We even have to smell it at night while we try to sleep and our throats are so irratated in the morning. I told him about it and he said there is no room on his big property for a furnance but he is a building contractor. I am now having to start the process of cancer screening for my throat because it hurts so bad. He doesn't care. It is a residential neighborhood within the city limits. Our yards front and back are so saturated with smoke most of the time we can't even be in our own back/front yards. We have to live with our windows closed but our house is old and on a fault line that there is no way to block it from coming into our house. We need help badly.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 9 months ago.

I am very sorry to hear that. I believe the only way to do it was to file an injunction in court that he is interfering with your quiet enjoyment of your own property. A judge may consider this claim.

Let me know if you have any additional questions otherwise a positive rating of 5 stars would be greatly appreciated.