Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I got a reg letter from a lawyer for my reverse morg i was

Customer Question
hi I got a...
hi I got a reg letter from a lawyer for my reverse morg i was in an agreement but the mail was 3 days from due date and the agreement was declined now I got a letter and they say the soldiers and sailore act bye nov 21 I only owe them 24,000 as it was for taxes and high ins when my husband had cancer He is 44 % with the gov disabled can you tell me how long ill have from Nov 21 to pay them I called and I just want to check the man from bank said months can you tell me approx time or what I can due to solve this besides paying them Im sick it was in the local paper yesterday
JA: Well, we require $5.
Customer: ok
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: im sorry Massachusetts
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: what kind
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i hqavent done anything but call them I got a letter from a boston lawyer
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
10/29/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Every bank has their own limits for how long they will give someone to pay before they foreclose. If notice was posted in the paper and you already received notice from their attorney, you need to call the attorney immediately to try to make some agreement, because you do not have months as the bank is telling you.
AS a senior and also as having your disabled spouse you can get low cost or free legal assistance by contacting the MA Bar Association or Boston Bar Association about their pro bono legal program and they will assist matching you up with a consumer protection attorney to represent you to and negotiate a resolution over these payments.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer