Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I am a single mom and disabled veteran. I bought a condo

Customer Question
I am a single mom...
I am a single mom and disabled veteran. I bought a condo from a man who sold the condo with remodels done. He sold the condo as if he pulled permits and did everything correctly because the "garage" that was turned into living space was sold as such. This added a lot of area to the condo. 6 months into living here I fell through the floor and my embroidery machine came down on top of me. I now have boards holding things up. I contacted Hillsborough County bc I could not find where any permits were pulled. The head of the department emailed me saying NO PERMITS were ever pulled. I am walking in mold dirt and bugs. The HOA did not check to see if he did everything correctly bc he was the Tennis Pro here at the property. They assumed he did. Now I am screwed. If they come out here she said I will have 30 days to bring the house to code. I do not have any money I want to sue the man who sold me the house the HOA and Hillsborough County because she advised me that someone changed the records downtown without running the proper checks about permits. The man that did the property assessment said sorry he went of county records, not his fault.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?
Customer: Florida I have read so much law and I know I have a strong case. Not to mention this is a VA Guaranteed Loan
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: No. I am about to lose my home. I stopped paying the HOA because they would not help me.
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: I need help! I have a 15 year old son and I am the only provider. I just had a 5 level neck fusion, I am stressed to no end and I am ready to give up. But we will be homeless
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need help asap
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
10/29/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

What a terrible situation. So sorry to hear. Have you contacted a local attorney yet?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have. However, I met with him in February and still nothing. I have now run out of time.

You certainly have a strong case like you said; and against all the players: HOA, the seller, the contractor, if any, etc. Why hasn't any lawsuit been filed?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not have any more money. I wish I did. I am tired of being taken advantage of. This atty said he would help. Then I needed to get estimates for repairs and a new appraisal for 2014 without the upgrades. That is over $800. The whole point of this is because I am walking on dirt. I would think that as a disabled veteran and single mom that some atty would like to take this on and get paid at the end or at least help out. I have never been so disgusted with commercials and "FOR THE PEOPLE" gimmicks. Its for the $$$
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This man sold this house and LIED. FLAT OUT LIED. It is a VA GUARANTEED LOAN. IN THE PAPERWORK IT STATES IF HE LIES IT IS PUNISHABLE BY LAW

Have you contacted any veteran support groups or agencies?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
HE KNOWS HE DID NOT PULL PERMITS. THE COUNTY KNOWS HE DID NOT PULL PERMITS. THE HOA NOW KNOWS HE DID NOT PULL PERMITS AND NOW THEY ARE TRYING TO EVICT ME BECAUSE I REFUSE TO PAY THEM FOR A JOB THEY DIDNT DO

I understand.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there isn't anything for this. its a mess. this is one of the 8 on your side cases. then everyone wants in on the deal.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I need an atty that can file the paperwork and stand up for me. Can you do that?

Just Answer is not a law firm. I could attempt to find a phone number for a referral service in your area if you would like me to do so. You could request a contingency attorney if there is one who would take the case.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
please

What state is Hillsborough County?

Here is a link to request a consultation with a Hillsborough County Lawyer: https://hillsbar.site-ym.com/?LRIS If you need more help, let me know. Best regards.

Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney