Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I just signed a lease and then changed my mind about living

Customer Question

I just signed a lease and then changed my mind about living there. Is there a grace period in Dallas Texas State that allows me to back out of a contract within two weeks of signing it?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Dallas Texas
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: First I would like to let you know that there is a few reasons to move out -
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There is a train right under the balcony, very loud, I can't sleep. I work a lot and I feel very tired every day with no sleep. They gave an option to move to another apartment, but that unit is on the first floor after the resident with few dogs lived there. It's very disapointed. I start complaining in one week, they forward it to their Corporate, still no answer.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 11 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Did you know, ask or did they disclose the train, prior to you signing the lease?