How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 19632
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in process of purchasing an FHA property but they are

Customer Question

Good afternoon, I am in process of purchasing an FHA property but they are asking for a Closing Disclosure when my ex husband refinanced a house out of both of our names. However, I never recieved anything but a general warranty of deed and the settlement from the divorce. The title company my ex husband used never sent me a CD and was wondering if there is any legal action I could take for the CD on the old house so I could use it on my new appears roughly a TILA-RESPA violation too but I am not sure
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas (Houston)
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: The house was already refinanced in his name and I got my payout from it.....the house I am applying for requires the CD ASAP which closing is friday/monday
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's it. ty
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 11 months ago.


Has the title company rejected your request for the disclosure?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My ex husband has. I went through my attorney to get to my ex's attorney. The title company he used to refinance the original house refuses to send me anything unless they have verbal confirmation from my ex husband. I still have never received any documentation from them it was transferred out of my name either.
Expert:  socrateaser replied 11 months ago.

I don't have a good idea for you to be able to force disclosure under the facts you've provided. I'll reopen the question to see if anyone else has a procedure that may work.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. I will be further assisting you with your post.

You would need to file emergency Motion with the Court to order your ex-husband to release the information to you or to give his permission for the title company to release the information to you. In the meantime, it would be prudent for you ask for the extension of the closing date.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.