Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I purchased a home and the seller moved back into home and

Customer Question
want leave and the law...
I purchased a home and the seller moved back into home and want leave and the law is no HELP
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
10/26/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Dear Customer,

I am very sorry to learn of this situation.

You will need to file an eviction against the seller in civil court. You can get free forms to do this from your local court or self help center, or you can use forms available from sites such as this one: https://www.landlordguidance.com/eviction-notice-forms/alabama-eviction/ (they do charge a fee - but they give you all of the necessary forms and help you track the process with appropriate dates, etc.).

Once you get your judgment of eviction and a writ of eviction, the sheriff or constable will forcibly remove the seller.

CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer