How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 29981
Experience:  JA Mentor
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there a law in Hawii where any interested party can

Customer Question

is there a law in Hawii where any interested party can obtain a judgement thtat forces the sale of a residence?
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: it might be after 10/31
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: is there any action by the defendent to prevent this
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 9 months ago.


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Any OWNER of real estate can go to court and force a sale of the residence if they no longer wish to own the property with the other people listed on the deed. The other owners can avoid a sale by buying out the owner who doesn't want to continue to own the property. If one owner files an Action for Partition without notifying the other owners, they can still request in their Answer to be able to buy the property out. The amount paid would be based on the market rate and the percentage of the property each person owned. Any loans would have to be refinanced without the name of the owner who is giving up the property.

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

If you're talking about an interested party whose name is ***** ***** the title, then it would help to know what their relationship to the owners is and why they're trying to sell the house.

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Do you have any other questions about this?

Related Real Estate Law Questions