How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RealEstateAnswer Your Own Question
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 28319
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
RealEstateAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I be forced to sign quick claim deed if divorce is not

Customer Question

Can I be forced to sign quick claim deed if divorce is not finalized
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Ga
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: No but spouse attorney threatened to have me in contempt
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Because she hasn't fixed decree Judge has not signed final decree
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 11 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 11 months ago.

No, you can not be forced. Unless the Judge ordered that the quit claim deed be executed within a specific period of time, you do not have to sign it until the order is signed by the Judge, giving it legal effect and requiring you to perform and comply. Being held in contempt of court happens, when a party fails to comply with a court order. If there is no court order in effect, then there is nothing to comply with. As such, there is nothing forcing or compelling this to be done. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 11 months ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!