How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7345
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I saw on my lease that the apartment complex signed my and

Customer Question

I saw on my lease that the apartment complex signed my and my husband's names on our lease
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Mass
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: we've been living here since Dec 2015
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: we'd like to move out and get any money back if we could
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 9 months ago.

If you did not authorize the apartment managers either in writing or verbally to sign the lease on your behalf, and if you did not acquiesce in the signing afterward, then the lease is void and you may move out; however, the money that you paid would be considered as earned as rental whether you had a lease or not, so you will not get back what you already paid.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.