Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

About 30 years ago a banker bought 30 acres of land. He then

Customer Question

About 30 years ago a banker bought 30 acres of land. He then sold 15 acres to a friend. They put water and electricity on the property line. The banker died land reverted to his son. I then bought the 15 acres from his son. It was verbally known that the banker owned the water rights and the other man owned the electric. That was also written in our deed contract that we bought water with land. The other man is in a nursing home with Alzheimer's and his sister is his power of attorney. She somehow got her lawyer to write it up that they own water and electric. I need to know how to go about this and what kind of attorney I need to hire
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon, and thanks for using JUST ANSWER. I am not clear about what you mean by: She somehow got her lawyer to write it up that they own water and electric. It would help to understand exactly what you and your neighbor understood each of your rights to be with regard to water and electric service to your individual properties. What did she "right up" that could possibly have given her your water rights?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am not sure but when I went to the electric co-op to do a Change of address I was told the lawyer she had got them to put on the bill that Milton Ormond was sole owner of water and electricity. I gave them my papers - the deed. They gave it right back telling me at the co-op that Milton Ormands lawyer told them he was sole owner and it was a DONE deal

In that case, I can only suggest that you hire a local lawyer who is experienced with local real estate records and practices. In favor of someone who might have more information about local Texas practices.