Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I bought 2 1/2 acres of a 40 acre parcel of remote land on a

Customer Question
personal written agreement and paid...
I bought 2 1/2 acres of a 40 acre parcel of remote land on a personal written agreement and paid $5000 cash, later to learn that seller could not legally sell because he owned 50% undivided interest with an LLC company in which his father and step-mother are managing partners. Seller was my next door neighbor but moved in July after job loss & eviction leaving no contact info. After purchase Sept 2015 I learned he was on drugs.
I filed complaint in justice court but was told must have his address to give server and that USPO mail was not acceptable. Server confirmed would not use last known address, phone or place of work. One friend said this is fraud. Another said attorney costs would be more than the land is worth.
During one of their spats the mother of their baby, said he owed her mother $20,000. He had told me that his dad told him to contribute $15,000 and pay $450 monthly for his half ownership. Deed lists $20,000 as down, balance of $80,000.
I am 80yrs old, cannot afford an attorney and defendant has nothing. If I win a judgement I hope at least to file a lien on the land.
I included his dad's LLC in the complaint. Not sure he is liable. Can you please advise.
Thank You,
William Greer
1914 E Hawken Pl
Chandler, AZ 85286
***@******.***
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
10/25/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Roger, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Roger, Lawyer

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Did you receive a deed to the property?

Tina, Lawyer