Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Ford Motor Credit put a lien on my property after my husband

Customer Question
let a truck go back...
Ford Motor Credit put a lien on my property after my husband let a truck go back in 2003. My name wasn't on the truck and my husbands name isn't on my mortgage. Is there any way to get the lien off my property short of paying the 20000.00 they say is owed on the truck? I can't afford that and my husband is on SOcial Security.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
10/20/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you. Can you tell me the State that your question pertains to? Is the tile to your real property in your husband's name? Can you see my questions?

Real Estate Lawyer: Maverick, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer

1. Was your name on the loan documents to the truck or were you a co-signor even if your name was not on the title to the truck?

2. Is your husband's name on the title to your property even if he is not on the mortgage?

3. What state is the property located in?

4. Is this property your home?

Tina, Lawyer