Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

WMC was the originator USB as Trustee for..... Chase now LPS

Customer Question
WMC was the originator USB as...
WMC was the originator
USB as Trustee for.....
Chase
now LPS
only signature is WMC in blank... but a full chain of title is required in MD according to Anderson vs Burson and Dorch. vs Brock. Are you saying that none of these party have to sign the note?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
10/19/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: TJ, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney

Hi again.

Q: Are you saying that none of these party have to sign the note?

A: That is correct. If WMC originated, and it endorsed the Note "in blank," then nobody else has to endorse it thereafter. The full chain is there.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
interesting
thanks

As an analogy, endorsing the Note "in blank" is the equivalent of writing a check made payable to "Cash." Anybody who has possession of the check can cash it.

Here's a case you may find helpful:

Deutsche Bank Nat. Trust Co. v. Brock, 430 Md. 714, 730, 63 A.3d 40, 49 (2013)

“the person in possession of a note, either specially indorsed to that person or indorsed in blank, is a holder entitled generally to enforce that note.”

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue.

TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney