How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RealEstateAnswer Your Own Question
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 28318
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
RealEstateAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a landlord and my Writ of Possession has been dismissed

Customer Question

I am a landlord and my Writ of Possession has been dismissed due to insufficient service. What happens next?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Georgia
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Yes, the dispossessory affidavit, certificate of service, affidavit of non military service and the writ of possession. The writ of possession has an order denying and states that it is dismissed.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is all.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.

If the court has determined that service was not proper and dismissed the proceedings, you need to simply correct this. You would have to start over and re-serve the tenant and make sure that service is proper, so there is evidence that the tenant was placed on notice and given a chance to respond and if they fail to do so, can be defaulted.