How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 31765
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wheels was stolen off my car in a gated community what

Customer Question

My wheels was stolen off my car in a gated community what can I do
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

You can do a few different things. First, you can file a police report and have the matter investigated by local law enforcement. Secondly, you could possibly sue the association for negligent or insufficient security or surveillance. This could be a viable claim if the community provides security guards, surveillance cameras, etc. If so, you should have the basis to file suit for negligent security.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The gate was broken for a month
Already filed a police report
Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

In that case, you could file a civil claim against the association for negligence in failing to provide adequate security and neglecting to repair the gate.

Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!