Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

How can I find out if I got my fair share from an asbestos

Customer Question

how can I find out if I got my fair share from an asbestos claim,my sister has power of attorney so the attorneys wont discuss the claim with me
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

When someone holds a POA, they are just sharing the financial rights of the grantor of that power. They don't take over that person's life and have the power to exclude them..

.

Further, a POA holder has a fiduciary duty to act in the best interests of the grantor of the power. So you have the right to know exactly what is going on in the case. You are the plaintiff here, not sister, not the attorney...you.

.

So you can contact the attorney's office and demand information about your claim or you will fire them and find an attorney who will communicate with you. You can also threaten to file a Bar complaint for them refusing to communicate with their client, which is a violation of the Rules of Professional Conduct that all attorneys have to abide by.

.

.

thanks